Photoplethysmography: Technology, Signal Analysis, and Applications is the first comprehensive volume on the theory, principles, and technology (sensors and electronics) of photoplethysmography (PPG). It provides a detailed description of the current state-of-the-art technologies/optical components enabling the extreme miniaturization of such sensors, as well as comprehensive coverage of PPG signal analysis techniques including machine learning and artificial intelligence. The book also outlines the huge range of PPG applications in healthcare, with a strong focus on the contribution of PPG in wearable sensors and PPG for cardiovascular assessment.
- Presents the underlying principles and technology surrounding PPG
- Includes applications for healthcare and wellbeing
- Focuses on PPG in wearable sensors and devices
- Presents advanced signal analysis techniques
- Includes cutting-edge research, applications and future directions