Sustainable Lubrication overviews recent advances in the development of lubricants and their usage in different tribological systems, starting from nanoscale contacts up to macroscale assemblies with specific focus on sustainable green lubrication choices including base fluids. Further, it covers advances and optimization of new types of lubrication systems according to their usage in various tribological systems such as gears, bearings, micro-electromechanical systems, and production equipment. The book includes examples and case studies about utilization of synthetic lubricants in bearings, gears, engines, and so forth.
- Explores information on the present and future of sustainable lubricants due to its increased demand in industries
- Provides conceptual overview of lubricant application in manufacturing and automobile industries
- Discusses lubricants used in the micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), nano-electromechanical systems (NEMS), and tribo-systems under extreme conditions and for biomedical applications
- Reviews information about various types of additives and their roles in lubricants, and their cost effectiveness
- Includes case studies related to journal-bearing/gear drive systems
This short form book is aimed at students and researchers in mechanical engineering, automobile engineering, chemical engineering and chemistry, manufacturing, materials, and metallurgy.