Bridging the gap between medical and surgical specialties in critical care, Textbook of Critical Care, 8th Edition, offers a practical, multidisciplinary approach to the effective management of adult and pediatric patients in the ICU. An outstanding editorial team, led by world-renowned intensivist Dr. Jean-Louis Vincent, assisted by Dr. Frederick A. Moore and new editors Drs. Rinaldo Bellomo and John J. Marini, provides the evidence-based guidance you need to overcome a full range of practice challenges. A full-color art program, relevant basic science and key summary points in every chapter, and expert contributing authors from all over the world make this an indispensable resource for every member of the critical care team.
- Provides a concise, readable understanding of the pathophysiology of critical illness and new therapeutic approaches to critical care.
- Addresses both medical and surgical aspects in critical care for adult and pediatric patients in one comprehensive, easy-to-use reference.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of the most recognized and trusted leaders in the field, with more international contributing authors than in previous editions.
- Covers new information on procedural and diagnostic ultrasound, prone positioning, ECMO, and VADs.
- Discusses key topics such as organ support, telemedicine, echocardiography, antibiotic stewardship, antiviral agents, coagulation and anti-coagulation, and more.
- Features a wealth of tables, boxes, algorithms, diagnostic images, and key points that clarify important concepts and streamline complex information for quick reference.
- Includes companion videos and exclusive chapters online that cover commonly performed procedures.
- Takes a multidisciplinary approach to critical care, with contributions from experts in anesthesia, surgery, pulmonary medicine, and pediatrics.