This book explores the potential of 5G technologies and beyond in smart city setups, with the availability of high bandwidths and performance, and low latency. The book starts with an introduction to 5G, along with the challenges, limitations, and research areas in future wireless communication, including the related requirements for transformation of societal paradigms and infrastructure. Applications related to visible light communication, network management in smart cities, the role of 5G in public healthcare, safety, security, and transportation, and existing and planned 6G research frameworks are included.
The features of the book include:
- A broad perspective on 5G communications with a focus on smart cities.
- Discussion of artificial intelligence in future wireless communication and its applications.
- A systemic and comprehensive coverage of 6G technologies, challenges, and uses.
- The role of future wireless communications in safety, health, and transport in smart cities.
- Case studies of future wireless communication.
This book is aimed at researchers and professionals in communications, signal processing, cyber-physical systems, and smart cities.