Balancing basic science with information on everyday clinical practice, Blumgart's Surgery of the Liver, Biliary Tract and Pancreas, 7th Edition, provides you with expert guidance and advances in the field so you can offer patients the most optimal diagnostic and surgical care. In two convenient volumes, Dr. William Jarnagin and his team of internationally recognized surgeons cover exactly what you need to know, including advances in diagnostic and surgical techniques, minimally invasive surgeries, new interventional diagnostic techniques, and all relevant diseases. This comprehensive, practical reference is designed to help you choose and perform the most appropriate procedures that will minimize inpatient hospital time, curtail costs, and reduce overall recovery time for your patients.
- Presents cutting-edge guidance on pathology, diagnostics, surgery and non-operative intervention of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas in one highly regarded, authoritative reference.
- Covers all surgical approaches, both open and minimally invasive.
- Considers all worldwide opinions and approaches to management, and includes key data on surgical outcomes to better inform clinical decision-making.
- Contains 161 chapters with updated references and additional figures―more than 1,500 illustrations in all. The imaging section has been reorganized to reflect a disease-based approach.
- Includes new and expanded sections on advances in molecular characterization of benign and malignant HPB diseases, perioperative management, interventional techniques, minimally invasive surgery and robotics, and therapeutic advances for malignant disease.
- Features a section dedicated entirely to operative technique, plus a new historical chapter authored by Professor Jacques Belghitti: “Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery: Historical Perspective.