This book shows Oracle Application Express (APEX) developers how to take advantage of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) features for APEX that might otherwise go missed. You will learn how to use OCI features for data science tasks such as detecting anomalies in your data, training machine learning models, and much more. The book provides an in-depth look at Oracle Cloud features and demonstrates how they can be easily integrated into an APEX application. While the book focuses on developing for APEX, the approaches covered in the book are also applicable to any other modern web developer framework for applications running on the OCI platform.
For many organizations, the database is the heart of operations. Those who opt to invest in the Oracle Database can learn from this book how to maximize their return on investment. The book begins with an introduction to OCI and help on setting up your OCI developer environment. From there you’ll begin with security by learning to provide single sign-on via the Oracle Identity Cloud Service. Subsequent chapters take you through cloud-focused features such as Object Storage, Oracle Function, Oracle Machine Learning REST Services, and Oracle Cloud Anomaly Detection. You’ll even learn to troubleshoot email delivery services.
What You Will Learn
- Be aware of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure features for developers
- Integrate with cloud native services such as cloud-based object storage and serverless functions
- Enhance APEX applications with machine learning features
- Implement Natural Language Processing and Anomaly Detection Algorithms
- Troubleshoot email delivery services when sending emails using the APEX_MAIL package
- Design and implement an APEX environment that is secure
Who This Book Is For
APEX developers who are looking to extend their application’s capabilities using features and resources available through the Oracle Cloud, and cloud solutions architects who support development teams and help design and implement architectures that benefit business operations