A complete and authoritative reference covering the management of gamebirds and exhibition Galliformes in health and disease
In Gamebird Medicine and Management, a team of distinguished professionals deliver a comprehensive discussion of gamebirds and exhibition Galliformes for veterinary practitioners, gamebird producers, breeders and conservationists, as well as other avian health professionals. The book covers common diseases affecting gamebirds and offers management and production information not found in other resources.
The authors combine relevant material from avian veterinarians, commercial production professionals, and experts from the conservation and captive breeding sectors, that enables veterinarians, gamebird producers, and conservationists to develop diagnostic and treatment plans for small or large gamebird flocks.
Readers will also find:
- Thorough introductions to laws and regulations governing gamebirds in the United States
- In-depth examinations of the anatomy and physiology of gamebirds
- Comprehensive explorations of the medical management of gamebirds
- Information on treating dermatological, musculoskeletal, neurological, digestive, and respiratory diseases affecting gamebirds
- A practical, step-by-step necropsy guide
- An engaging photo collection of gamebird and exhibition Galliformes diseases
Perfect for veterinary practitioners, gamebird producers, and conservationists, Gamebird Medicine and Management will also earn a place in the libraries of zoo veterinarians and staff.