The landmark pharmacology reference―updated to reflect the latest research and developments in the field
For more than 50 years, Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics has represented the pinnacle of authority and accuracy in describing the actions and uses of therapeutic agents in relation to physiology and pathophysiology. The text's careful balance of basic science and clinical applications has guided thousands of health care practitioners and students to a clear understanding of the drugs essential to preventing, diagnosing and treating disease.
This Fourteenth Edition includes five new chapters, 600+ illustrations, and important content from 53 new contributors. More than a textbook, Goodman & Gilman’s is a working template for the effective and rational prescribing of drugs in daily practice.
Goodman & Gilman’s: The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Fourteenth Edition features:
- Five NEW chapters on:
-The blood-brain barrier
-Antibodies, immune checkpoint inhibitors, CAR-T cells, and other biological agents
-Gastrointestinal microbiome and drug response
- Expanded coverage of the use of genetic polymorphisms in designing appropriate therapies
- Revised and expanded chapter on pharmacodynamics and the molecular mechanisms of drug action
- 600+ color illustrations
- Drug Fact Tables summarizing clinical pharmacology
- Content Outline and Abbreviation List at the beginning of each chapter
- 50 NEW figures on mechanism of drug actions
- 53 NEW contributors