This book presents balanced blend of fundamental research such as principles and characteristics of machining of difficult-to-cut materials and coating techniques and in-depth practical information on coatings techniques and classifications, the effect of coating parameters on machining responses and Finite Element analysis of the machining performance of coated tools. In addition to the benefits of the thin-film deposition on the cutting tools, the limitations of the coating deposition techniques and the coating properties is also discussed.
- Associates the application of coating technology for improving machining characteristics of difficult-to-cut materials.
- Elaborates effect of coating architecture on the output machining parameters.
- Explores the performance of coated cutting tools.
- Discusses advanced coating systems and their application.
- Includes industrial case studies and practical implementations where coatings were applied for the machining of difficult to cut materials.
This book is aimed at researchers and graduate students in thin films, coatings, machining, materials engineering, and manufacturing.